Effective date: February 9th, 2022
#ICANHELP may provide additional or supplemental privacy policies for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect personal information.
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Demographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Service, date of birth, biographical details, photograph, links to your profiles on social networks, interests, preferences, information about your participation in our webinars, contests, promotions, or surveys, and any other or other data you may add to establish an account with us.
- Job application data, such as professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, work-authorization status, and other information that may be included on a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Communications data based on exchanges with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders on or through the Service, including order numbers and transaction history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- User-generated content data, such as profile pictures, photos, images, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where, and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited.
- Payment data is needed to complete transactions, including payment card information or bank account number.
- Promotional data, including information you share when you enter a competition, promotion, or complete a survey. Please note that if you participate in a contest or giveaway through the Service, we may ask you for your Contact Data to notify you if you win or not, to verify your identity, and/or to send you prizes. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each contest that you enter.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public and private sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other public or private sources.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
- Our affiliates partners, such as our affiliates publishers, influencers, and promoters.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
- Third-party services, such as social media services, that you use to log into, or otherwise link to, your Service account. This data may include your username, profile picture, and other information associated with your account on that third-party service that is made available to us based on your account settings on that service.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Precise geolocation / Location data when you authorize (our mobile application/the Service) to access your device’s location.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we may use the following technologies:
- Cookies, are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Session Replay Technologies. We use third-party services provided by [Example: FullStory] that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Services in a manner that allows us to watch DVR-like replays of those user sessions. The replays include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls [and keystrokes/key touches]* during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about FullStory at https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy-policy and you can opt-out of session recording by FullStory at https://www.fullstory.com/optout/.
These technologies are used for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the site and whether you are logged in when you visit password-protected areas of the Service.
- Functionality. To help our third-party advertising partners collect information about how you use the Service and other online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other online services they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics for this purpose. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how to prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Data about others. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer other contacts to us and share their contact information with us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- facilitate your invitations to friends who you want to invite to use the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you #ICANHELP-related or other direct marketing communications. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
To manage our recruiting and process volunteer applications. We may use personal information, such as information submitted to us in a job application, to facilitate our recruitment activities and process volunteer applications, such as by evaluating an intern candidate for an employment activity and monitoring recruitment statistics.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Other Uses. We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, package delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, #ICANHELP or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other users and the public. Your profile and other user-generated content (except for messages) are/may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. For example, other users of the Service or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content. This information can be seen, collected, and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured, or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of this information.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by contacting us by the email listed below.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising choices. You can limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Use your mobile device settings to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt out.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Linked third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platforms, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Delete your content or close your account. You can choose to delete certain content through your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us.
OTHER SITES & SERVICES
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, a security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13 without proper consent as required by law, we will delete it. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Email: [email protected]
Mail: P.O. Box 11796, Bakersfield, CA 93389
Phone: +1 (925) 237-1056